The Five Simple Steps to Relieving Digital Eye strain at Work:
- Follow the 20-20-20 Rule. Take a 20-second break, every 20 minutes and view something 20 feet away.
- Keep a distance from your computer monitor where you can easily read the text with you head and torso in an upright posture and back supported by your chair.
- View from a different angle where the computer screen should be 4-5 inches below eye level.
- Decrease glare from light sources. Consider a glare filter.
- Remember to blink often. Using rewetting drops to lubricate the ocular surface can help alleviate dry eye symptoms as well.